California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/11/13, 4:53 pm

Hello, I am a permanent resident in California. when I came as to US as asylum status, I filed for my wife in foreign country as beneficiary. DHS approved but my wife got rejected at the interview in the embassy in that country she resides. since then my wife lost hope and broke up with my and I have no way to contact her and I am not able to pursue the case and it's been four years now.

my question is what is my status now: single?, widowed? divorced? Note: I have no way to contact my wife back in that foreign country and get any proof. Can I get married to someone here in the US?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search