Legal Question in Family Law in California

Hello, I am a permanent resident in California. when I came as to US as asylum status, I filed for my wife in foreign country as beneficiary. DHS approved but my wife got rejected at the interview in the embassy in that country she resides. since then my wife lost hope and broke up with my and I have no way to contact her and I am not able to pursue the case and it's been four years now.

my question is what is my status now: single?, widowed? divorced? Note: I have no way to contact my wife back in that foreign country and get any proof. Can I get married to someone here in the US?

B. Stuart Walker Law Office of B. Stuart Walker

If you were legally married in the foreign country. Your status is married. You cannot marry again until you get divorced. It is a difficult process if you have no way of contacting her. You should consult and retain a family law attorney.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in California