California  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/26/13, 4:25 pm

I am an unmarried father living in CA. I would like to relinquish my parental rights and petition the court to have my child's last name changed to her mother's last name. I have had a close relationship with my daughter in the past, but we recently had a serious argument and the relationship is no longer repairable. Is it possible to relinquish parental rights and would that end a child support obligation? Can I petition the court to change my daugther's name against her objection?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search