California  |  Civil Litigation

9 months ago friend of mine offered to finance a car for me due to a lack of credit history on my part. the original cost was 9000 dollars of which I have already paid down 7000 of it. The car is in her name but the payments and insurance for the car has all been paid through me. I am about to make the final payment on the car which she will then receive the title for the vehicle. Is there any legal standing that I have if she decided to not give me the car and demand that I give it to her?

Answered on: 9/23/13, 7:20 am by Anthony Roach

It would be nice if you had a written agreement.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Answered on: 9/23/13, 10:18 am by Armen Tashjian

Pick up vehicle ownership transfer papers from your local DMV. Have her sign them when youare making your final payment so you can get the title.

Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian 6311 Wilshire Blvd., Second Floor Los Angeles, CA 90048