California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/27/13, 4:46 pm

My boyfriend placed our things in storage in California. He will allow me to pay on the storage bill, but will not grant me access to the storage facility. The facility states there is nothing they can do. I have relocated to Georgia. I am the only person who has paid on the storage since we got it. Is there anything I can do to obtain my belongings? I have not paid the bill since I am not guaranteed access and it is set for auction in 2 weeks. I would like to obtain my things. please help.

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/27/13, 5:11 pm by Daphne Macklin

The only way to protect your property interest is to pay the bill. You will then need to file for a court order allowing you to access the unit in the Superior Court in the county where the property is located.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Daphne L. Macklin P.O. Box 661702 Sacramento, CA 95866

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search