Legal Question in Civil Litigation in California

I live in california. 1 week ago today I sold a used motor that last I knew ran fine. I signed a bill of sale saying guarenteed it ran because from what I knew it did. Now a week later the people are calling saying they got it installed [in a 1996 honda civic] which my ad states its for a 92-95 honda civic, now saying it works but there is a knocking noise (which I truly was unaware it had) and they want there money back. I say fine cause I'm not a mean person. But then the guy says well it will be a few weeks because he has to get together the money to pay his mechanic to take the motor back out. Am I obligated to refund him almost a month later when he will have the motor this long in his care?

Kelvin Green The Law Office of Kelvin Green

You have learned your lesson the hard way on making promises and warranties on used auto parts. I would give him a reasonable time frame to return the engine to you. The longer it is in the car, he will gets use of it and it increases the wear on it. A few weeks to remove it would not be acceptable to me... Keep the money so you can return it but there should be a point where the engine is his. Send him a letter...

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in California

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms