California  |  Civil Litigation

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/15/13, 12:00 pm

How can I recover money taken from my tax return because my wife and her ex husband owe for state cash aid and food stamps in the past

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/15/13, 9:31 pm by Lyle Johnson

You are unlikely to get the money back. You said that your wife and her ex-husband owed the money to the state and both of your names were on the tax return. When money is attached in a joint account or as here they do not divide the money between the parties, they just take it all.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law 152 N. Third Street, Suite 550 San Jose, CA 95112

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search