California  |  Civil Litigation

My son was physically and emotionally abused by a child care provider 12 years ago. my son is now 16 the abuse happened when he was 4, (2001). At about 10 years old he began having vivid memories of the abuse, I began doing research and found out the child care provider Harbons Ahuja was arrested and convicted in 2004 for the same thing she did to my son, my son was hog tied and gagged in a closet for hours, (We are not sure how many times she did this as she watched him for about one year). She was arrested and convicted for tying up a two year old little girl to her high chair and putting her in a dark closet for hours.

In 2007 I went to the Irvine PD to file charges, but it was past statute of limitations. I called the Orange County District Attorney they empathized , but apologized since there was nothing they could do. The DA did give me the phone number to Harbons Ahuja's Parole officer he also had empathy for us, all he promised he could do was hold Ms. Ahuja to the strictest enforcement of her parole.

My son has had emotional problems all his life and has been in a special school for ADHD for 9 years. He Has had county services with therapy, psychiatry, a mentor and a family program. He struggles deeply with depression and low self esteem, does not like to leave the house. I would like to send him to a Boarding school for a Therapeutic intervention and independent living skills but can not afford it. Is it too late to bring a law suit against Harbons Ahuja to pay for my sons psychological, psychiatric,special treatment therapies and his own mental anguish and suffering ?