California  |  Immigration Law

Need Atty for Registry Process

I need information on establishong legal residency via the Registry process.

The person in question is 50 yrs old & has continously been present in the US since approx 1960.

I believe this person originally entered from the Phillippines on a visitors visa as a child. His natural father ( permnanet resident - never became a US citizen) & his step mother ( US citizen who adopted this individual as an adult when he was 28 yeras old). Inability to locate his birth mother in the Phillippines prevented closure on adoption issues as a child. This person was under the belief he was a US citizen all his life. Only upon trying to replace a lost SS card did he become aware he could not prove he was a US citizen. The person is of good morale character, has no criminal record, B.S. & JD degreees & has worked for the same compnay since 1988.

Should I have an attorney assist me to assure greater probabilty of INS approval?

What is the approximate cost ( Attoney + filing fees + incidental fees) ?

What evidence of continuous presence since 1/1/72 is required?

Any San Francisco area referrals?