Legal Question in Insurance Law in California

I had an accident and was uninsured

I rear ended the other car and was uninsured. Is there anyway to fight or lower the cost of this. They(law office) are preparing to notify the DMV of failure to provide financial responsibility but i currently have insurance. The accident was minor but the balance due is over 8,000! I work part time and am a student please help.

Asked on 5/21/09, 4:00 pm

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Stone Law Offices of Michael B. Stone Toll Free 1-855-USE-MIKE
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: I had an accident and was uninsured

Maybe riding the bus for a while will enable you to save up to pay the $8,000. You won't have a choice once DMV finds out.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/09, 12:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now