California  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 1/17/13, 3:53 pm

I was called and asked if I wanted to do some work for this company. I said yes and was told the job and I did it. went to get paid and the owner said I got more work so I went and did it.. went to turn in my bills and the owner said not paying till the job is done and told me more stuff to do this continued for over a month and 100 hours when all was said and done I hand the owner 6 invoices totaling 1800 dollars and he hands me a check for 600 and we argue and he says get out of my office before i call the police,, what do I do ..i read some where that calif has this handyman law about only getting 500 for a job even if the job continues.. I did not solicit this job they called me and Im getting screwed,, can you help me out with some code or law or anything to take to small claims court to help me get my money...Im a poor student and this guy is a rich property manager with over 250 properties.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search