Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in California

Does the owner/landlord have to pay me relocation payments when a notice to vacate the unit for himself to live in

Asked on 2/17/12, 10:55 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

George Shers Law Offices of Georges H. Shers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No, if you are not in a rent controlled area. If there is rent control, the answer will vary on what the specific rules state. It also may depend on how many units the building has.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/12, 11:06 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Based on your zip code, you are not in a rent controlled location. Therefore you have no rights except proper notice when the landlord wants to move into the unit.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/12, 2:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now