Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A 12 month lease contract with my tenant states I will return his $1600 deposit within 30 days after his lease expires, should he decide not to sign another year's lease. He informed me I should keep the deposit as payment for the 11th month he is in the rental, because I would not be receiving a rental check for the last month. Says he needs to use the $1600 deposit money to move & I should use that money for the last month's rent. He's been a great renter, but that's not the issue. Anything I can do? Thanks very much for responding.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Steven Sweat Glotzer & Sweat, LLP

You should post this in the landlord tenant section rather than personal injury and tort law.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California