California  |  Personal Injury

I attempted to make a purchase at Sports Chalet using a $100 bill. The bill was older and did not have the magnetic strip that newer bills have. The cashier believed the bill was fake and proceeded to call the police. Once the police arrived I was detained for a 2 hour period, until they determined the bill was in fact real. I have a history of anxiety and panic attacks, and this ordeal inflicted a large amount of emotional distress on me. Do I have a case for false imprisonment, infliction of emotional distress, or slander/libel?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys