Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I need help naming the defendant in Orange County, CA small claims case.

I contracted food poisoning from a fast food restaurant and need to take them to small claims. This is a national chain and the individual restaurant is a franchise owned by the XYZ Corp. I have their agent for service of process from the state website.

How do I list the defendant? Is it XYZ Corp dba Fast Food Restaurant? I am confused, because the corporation did not make me sick, but they are the legal owners of the restaurant that did.

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Joel Selik www.SelikLaw.com

The entity that did this to you appears to be the xyz corporation as they own and operate the restaurant. I would, therefore, name xyz corportion (and you can state dba chain). Then the agent would be served with the complaint.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California