Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I am a very busy wife and mom of 3. I was involved in an auto accident and the other drivers insurance company has taken responsibility. I would like to settle the claim. I have spent a minimum of 80 hours exclusively related to the accident, how much is my time worth according to the law?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Jeremy Hanson Law Offices of Jeremy K. Hanson

That is a tricky question. Generally you are paid for pain and suffering related to your injuries and not for "time" per se; unless you missed time from work and can prove it. I would need more specifics.

Feel free to give me a call and I would be more than happy to help. No strings attached.

Edward Hoffman Law Offices of Edward A. Hoffman

I'm afraid you're not entitled to be paid for the time you spent dealing with the accident. If some of it was time you had to take away from your job, then you might be able to recover your lost income. That's a different type of recovery from what you describe.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California