Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was involved in a car accident yesterday. It was the fault of the other driver. They admitted to fault. Two eye witnesses also saw that it was clearly their fault. They told me they were driving a rental vehicle and that they had paid for insurance on it. We exchanged information and agreed to meet at the car rental agency as they needed a new rental and I needed to find out how to make a claim to get my car fixed. When we get to the rental agency the agent tells me that the insurance they paid for will only cover the rented vehicle and that the driver is personally responsible for my car. They have no auto insurance and from what I can gather, no money. I have uninsured motorist coverage but a high deductible. I am trying to find out what I can do. Can I go after the car rental agency as they are the owners of the vehicle they must have some sort of liability responsibility. Do I go after the uninsured driver and hope that they reimburse me for my deductible. Please help me. I didn't do anything wrong and cannot afford to take a loss like this. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 9/11/10, 11:50 am

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

4 Answer from Attorneys

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California