Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was involved in a car accident yesterday. It was the fault of the other driver. They admitted to fault. Two eye witnesses also saw that it was clearly their fault. They told me they were driving a rental vehicle and that they had paid for insurance on it. We exchanged information and agreed to meet at the car rental agency as they needed a new rental and I needed to find out how to make a claim to get my car fixed. When we get to the rental agency the agent tells me that the insurance they paid for will only cover the rented vehicle and that the driver is personally responsible for my car. They have no auto insurance and from what I can gather, no money. I have uninsured motorist coverage but a high deductible. I am trying to find out what I can do. Can I go after the car rental agency as they are the owners of the vehicle they must have some sort of liability responsibility. Do I go after the uninsured driver and hope that they reimburse me for my deductible. Please help me. I didn't do anything wrong and cannot afford to take a loss like this. Thank you for your time.

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

Jason James Patricia A. Meyer & Associates, APC

Typically, deductibles do not apply to uninsured motorist coverage. I would call your insurance company and discuss your coverage.

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

The rental car company is right and wrong. They are right that the insurance the driver got was only for the rental car. However, by renting to the uninsured driver, the rental company is liable. Also, if you have collision coverage, whether the other driver is insured or not doesn't matter. Bottom line is you have claims against the rental car company and the driver for your deductable, and your insurance should cover the rest and worry about whether they can recover from the rental company's insurance.

Charles Rossman Charles Rossman Injury Lawyer

Id be interested in representing you in this matter and as to any injuries that may have been sustained.

Charley Rossman

injurylawyer@hotmail.com

562 587 7850

Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

My firm handles car accident cases all over the State of California. You may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x. 1.

My website is located at www.thepersonalinjury.com .

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California