Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I was involved in a minor accident were the other driver was driving down the center of the street and are mirrors collided. I have received payment for the damages and was wondering do I need to provide a release form or should he have supplied me with one. Also, do I need to supply a release form on my behalf to him or is it called some thing else. I want to make sure he canít later file a insurance claim or law suit against me since I have learn that folks will do this sort of thing. Please advise. Your advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

The general practice is to have the person who receives the money sign a release (legally, an accord and satisfaction) in exchange for money. Since you were the one who was paid, the practice would be you for you to sign a release as a defense against any lawsuit that you filed later.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California