California  |  Personal Injury

Me(Passanger) and a friend of mine(Driver), were pulld off on the freeway shoulder, with emergency lights on , we were standing outside the vehicle waiting for a tow truck, when we were hit by a drunk driver from the back. I was sent to the emergency room and sufferd a broken collar bone, and I just finished chiropractic, and will need surgery. My friend was also hurt, but was arrested for "Wet reckless driving that night. And we both hired the same attorney. The driver of the vehicle that hit us was arrested for DUI and was insured by Allsate. He was at fault and the cause of the accident in the police report.

My question is what will happen to me (the passanger), will I most likely get a settlement, How much? or will this go to trial. My attorney said he already sent in a demand for me

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Answered on: 7/03/13, 3:36 pm by Joshua Hale

It's possible. Call me.

619 663 9384

J. Hale

Hale Law Group 4630 Border Village Rd. N171 San Ysidro, CA 92173

Answered on: 7/03/13, 3:39 pm by Joel Selik

You should have your own attorney. There is a probable conflict of interest.

www.SelikLaw.com Box 1448 San Diego And Las Vegas, CA 92079

Answered on: 7/03/13, 7:38 pm by Michael Stone-Molloy

The short answer: yes, you will get a settlement. The real problem is this: will you get ENOUGH?

Your injuries are serious enough that you have to wonder whether or not the guy who hit you has enough insurance to pay you. What if he only has the minimum limits ($15k)? Your claim is worth a lot more than THAT.

If that ends up being the case, you might need to look at your friend's insurance as well. Was it your friend's fault that you got stuck on the highway in the first place? You and your friend do not have the same interests, and it may be a conflict of interest for the same attorney to represent you.

You should talk to someone who is independent and in your local area. We are based in downtown Los Angeles, and we take cases in the valley. I was in the Van Nuys court just today. Give me a call or send me an email and I'll be glad to go over the whole case with you.

The Lion's Law Office 355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450 Los Angeles, CA 90071

Answered on: 7/03/13, 9:57 pm by John Laurie

The case may or may not settle depending upon what you are offered. Is there enough insurance. If you want feel free to call my office I will be happy to talk to you 818 345-0123

Gertz and Laurie 18321 Ventura Boulevard Suite 900 Tarzana, CA 91356