Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Your Question: "My husband & I are divorcing. His auntie who works in the medical field in another hospital has quite a few people that I know too. She is telling people that I was the reason for our divorce! Could I sue her for slander? By the way, I was approached by the doctor whose wife she was talking to about our personal life in a party! "

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You have no case unless she is making false statements of FACT, not opinion, AND as a result of her making the false statements of fact you suffer economic damages. There would even then be affirmative defenses and privileges she might assert, but without:

1. Statement(s) of fact

2. That are false

3. Made to third parties

4. Proximately causing

5. Economic damages

You don't even get a case off the ground.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California