Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

I tore my ACL and medial & lateral meniscus while coaching basketball at a private junior high school. I thought I was covered under Workman's Comp, but because I donated my salary back to the school, they determined that I am no longer a paid employee, but a volunteer. They told me that if I did not have medical insurance that they would pay for my medical bills. I do have medical insurance, but my out of pocket expenses are already close to $3000 and now my medical insurance is denying my physical therapy. Is there anything legally I can do to get these medical bills paid for?

Experienced Mesothelioma Attorneys - SEG Law

Simon, Eddins & Greenstone, LLP, (SEG Law) is one of the country's most prominent trial law firms specializing in representing victims of cancer caused from exposure to hazardous substances such as asbestos. The firm was built on a shared passion to diligently and compassionately serve each client through every step of the legal process.

For more information visit us at SEGlaw.com

You need to get a decent personal injury attorney and a worker's compensation attorney. Sometimes you can find one who can do both. I would do it right away. I would file a claim in worker's compensation to prevent the school from saying you were covered by worker's comp later in a civil suit. I would file a civil suit, subject to the the claims filing requirements, in case the worker's compensation board rules that you were not covered by worker's compensation. CYA, does it make sense?

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California