Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My wife drove into the parking lot and this parking spot was about to open but other cars were behind us so to let the traffic flow she dropped me off right there to claim that spot with my person. She went around to come back to that spot. One of the cars that were originally in the chain behind my wife tried to pull in while I was standing there and wouldn't take no for an answer so ran into me. My cousin smelled alcohol on his breath and took a pic showing me on the ground, the drivers face and license plate and when she said she was going to call the cops he left. This was last night and we didn't call the cops but my knee really hurts today.I haven't gone to the doctor cause I have no health insurance and can't afford it.How much could I possibly get if I have a case?

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

It's more important to have your knee checked by a doctor rather than worrying how much you will get. I hope you filed a police report -- and still can -- because what the driver did might be a criminal act. A police report, too, could help an injury case. But if you don't seek medical help, you won't have much of a case, if any.

Farid Yaghoubtil Downtown L.A. Law Group

First of all, you should report this to the police, as attacking a pedestrian with a vehicle is a very serious matter.

As far as your case goes, considering he has insurance, and you are able to jump several hurdles, your compensation will depend on several factors such as your damages, pain and suffering, lost wages etc.

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I would suggest seeing a personal injury lawyer in your area. They may also be able to help you get medical care

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California