California  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/13, 10:39 am

My ex-husband was awarded the family home as his sole and separate property by a Sacramento Family Law Court judge. What the judge did not do is order him to assume the loan/refinance the home into his own name. Can I file an order to show cause to ask the judge to order that my ex-husband assume the loan immediately and be required to keep the mortgage current until my name is taken off the title and loan? My ex-husband is now 2 months behind on the mortgage payment.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search