Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

Hi my name is Kate. I wonder if we sell our house and move to stay in abroad. Is it mean that we are not US citizen anymore cuz we don't have name in the census registration in State?

My uncle will retire soon and he has a Thai girlfriend. He told us he will sell the house and move to stay with her in Thailand. Is it possible that you can just sell the house and move away? and have no name in the census of state anymore? He didn't say anything that he will put the name in our family's census or his friends. Can you please help me find out? Me and my family're worry that it's may mean he will leave american nationality behind. He will still be considered as american and has no problem when he come back to state, right? And it's legal?

My email address is klm_kate@hotmail.com

Thank you for you kindness,

Kate

Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

The Census has nothing to do with citizenship. It just counts how many people live where - whether they are citizens or not - and collects other information so the government has statistics to work with when making policy. Once you are a U.S. citizen, that never goes away unless you decide to become naturalized as a citizen of another country, just as people from other countries can become naturalized citizens of the U.S. You can move overseas and live there your whole life, and still be a U.S. citizen.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California