Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

If my son kicks a ball into my neighbors yard on the grass, can he call the police for that?

Asked on 10/12/12, 5:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Kane Law Offices of Robert D. Kane, Jr.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Obviously, your neighbor can call the police. I seriously doubt, however, that the police are going to do anything. I would even venture to guess that the police would be a little upset for having to show up for such a trivial matter (if they even did.)

Read more
Answered on 10/13/12, 6:45 am
Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I agree with Mr. Kane. The police dispatcher will be a little annoyed, and will probably inform the neighbor that "It's a civil matter!" and no cops will show up. The police are far too busy with dangerous criminals and serious accidents to spend taxpayer money or police time responding to matters that might, at most, involve a minimal amount of civil trespass. Even if the neighbor were to call a hungry lawyer, he'd probably be laughed at.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/12, 9:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now