Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in California

i'm a 37 year old female who just took an emt class here in california. I had to quit because the teacher was sexually harrassing me. he walked me to my car one night after the class and we talked in the parking lot for hours. I trusted him at that point. It got cold and we sat in his truck. He then changed the conversation to dirty talk. I told him I was very uncomfortable and had to go. Then he somehow manipulated the conversation back to what I was talking about. and was the death of my father a few months prior. He posed as my freind and I trusted him. He invited me over to his place to practice taking blood pressure because I had a final. I thought he cared If I passed the test. When we got to his place again it was back to the dirty talk. I said "i thought we were going to practice blood pressure. Anyway he put my hand on his crotch...........

It went further than that and I was pressured between tears to talk dirty with him. I had been hospitalized recently to that as well and told him I needed sleep more than anything. I was so exhausted I let him have sex with me. this broke my 9 years as a celibate buddhist. it has been 3 months since the incident and I'm still so upset over it. I also quit the class so I didn't have to deal with his dirty looks in class warning me not to tell anyone. I want a refund from the school at the very least. am I too old to sue and would this be sexual harrasment?

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

What you described, if you can somehow prove it, would fall under personal injury, assault, rape, and the anti-discrimination laws for business, giving you a criminal claim and a civil claim against his company. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your rights and remedies if serious about pursuing this.

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in California

Sexual Harassment Law Legal Forms