Legal Question in Veterans Law in California

When my 100% disabled husband (discharged from the army during WWII passed away he received a comfortable income plus $300. for me from the VA. After he passed I have been denied any widow benefits. Why does VA deny benefits when benefits have already been approved when my husband was alive. Our home was left to me, but I have only social security benefits and cannot afford to pay for utilities,upkeep, taxes and insurance. He was 100% disabled and received a comfortable income from the VA. Now nothing. Is there anything I can do to receive any widow benefits?

Jill Mitchell Heard & Smith, LLP

How long was he rated at 100%? Was his death related to any of his service-connected conditions? (Or could it have been? For example, a lot of vets with PTSD or mental conditions can have a heart-related cause of death.) What conditions are listed on the death certificate? What was the VA's basis for denial? If you give me some more details, I might be able to help. You can e-mail me directly at fight4veteransrights@yahoo.com.

More Veterans Law questions and answers in California