California  |  Wills and Trusts

How do i find out if someone has left a will. 1 year after my grandmas death i had to demand a copy of my grandma's will from my aunt. Once I revived her will I found out that i was disinherited in 2010. Even though i had been told all my life that i was to get 1/3 of everything. I believe that my aunt is not telling me something. and there was anther copy of the will. I dont think that my grandma would live me with nothing. I am her only grandchild and i have 3 children that where also taken out of the will.

Answered on: 8/06/13, 1:57 pm by Anthony Roach

Wills are supposed to be lodged with the court, and are subject to probate proceedings. But whether or not the will that disinherits you is valid is an issue for a will challenge. Are there court proceedings in place for probate of your grandmother's will?

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311