California  |  Wills and Trusts

What form should I use to change agents on both a financial and health care durable power of attorney. Thank you.

Answered on: 9/03/13, 1:54 pm by William Christian

Execute a new power of attorney, revoking the old one, if that is what is intended. If the old one was recorded, you need to take further action to revoke it. Execute a new California Advance Health Care Directive. The California Medical Association provided a form that is acceptable.

Rodi Pollock 444 S Flower St Los Angeles, CA 90071

Answered on: 9/03/13, 3:16 pm by Victor Waid

You are advised to seek the assistance of an estate planning lawyer to prepare those forms you are asking about correctly; I have seen situations where individuals who prepare their own forms, make serious mistakes, and the documents are then worthless, when the time comes to exercise the powers provided by forms such as a power of attorney or advance healthcare directive.

Law Office of Victor Waid 777 Campus Commons Rd., Suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95825