Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My husband died in 2009, his mother died in 2010. My sisterinlaw did not share her will with me or my 2 kids. When I asked to see it it read that when mom passes everything would be left to her two children (my sisterinlaw and my husband). Don't I count anywhere or the kids? She took the jewerly, collector coins and all the valuables out of the house. There is a loan left on the house which I had cosigned for ( a line of credit) I signed nothing to state I was no longer co signer. Do the kids and I have any claim?

John Palley Meissner, Joseph & Palley, Inc.

Typically the kids would take their father's interest. You, as the spouse, would typically not take unless there was a specific provision in the will or trust. Since you are a co-signor I encourage you to look into this as it will affect YOUR CREDIT if the house gets foreclosed on.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California