California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/08/13, 2:45 pm

My Mother died 3 months ago and my father died 4 years ago. There is a large amount of items and money that needs to be distributed among 5 of us adult children. before my Father died and left everything to my Mother he promised me among other things his Truck and several Rifles and hand guns. He had over 100 rifles and 16 hand guns. My sister has said that the estate was delt with by a separate lawyer and now they are saying they are just gonna give me a certain amount of money. I want the rifles and hand guns i was promised and I WANT TO BE SURE THAT THIS SO CALLED LAWYER THEY HIRED WASNT MY SISTERS FRIEND OR HAD HER BEST INTEREST AT HAND. WHAT CAN I DO?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/09/13, 10:37 am by William Christian

The first goal is to try to obtain a copy of the trust or will that your parents left. I assume from your question that your sister is the trustee or executor, though it is not stated. If the will or trust said nothing about what you were promised, the most likely method of accomplishing what you desire is to make an agreement with your siblings. Please also be aware there are special laws applicable to firearms, and you need to assure compliance.

I would suggest you engage counsel to represent you if you re concerned about the administration. This, however, would generally be at your own cost.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Rodi Pollock 444 S Flower St Los Angeles, CA 90071

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search