California  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/11/13, 3:14 pm

wifes grandma died few years back but nobody in her fam notified her. She heard about it a year ago from an unrelated friend. today she had lunch w her sister and found out she was left $20,000 but a clause or other stated that if they couldnt find her within 3 years of gmas death they could divide and keep as they wished.her step father seized it all and lost it gambling. the whole time communication was posible but a petty fued kept ma and daughter{my wife}at odds.she had spoken a few times during the three year with sister but she also was not forthcomming. trust me it is more scandalous then i made it sound. any case to recover dough? california

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/11/13, 3:26 pm by Jennifer Rouse

Was the distribution from a trust or from a probate? Who was acting as executor or trustee? Were they represented by an attorney?

Depending on the terms of the document which provided for the distribution, your wife may be able to file something with the court against the fiduciary.

Your wife should contact an attorney to discuss her options.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Meissner Joseph & Palley 1555 River Park Drive, Ste 108 Sacramento, CA 95815

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search