Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

Would this fall under Workers Comp

My co-worker had a heart attack in the office and I did CPR until help arrived. My Company had 1 day of grief councelling and then I did 3 more sessions through our insurance assistance program. I am still having a hard time dealing.

Experienced Workers' Compensation Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping injured workers all over California. We can help you recover for your injuries as a result of an accident at work. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Joseph La Costa Joseph La Costa, Attorney at Law

Re: Would this fall under Workers Comp

Yes this is a work comp case. This matter is complex and you should not try to do it yourself so you should get an attorney to discuss your options. If you are located in Southern California, you can email me your contact info, so we can discuss your particular situation. There is no charge for consultation.

David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

Re: Would this fall under Workers Comp

Your claim would be considered a psyche/stress claim. Unless you have been with your employer for 6 months or more, you would not be allowed to plead a psyche claim. The exception however is whether or not you experienced a sudden and extraordinary event causing a psyche disability. In your case, if necessary, you could successfully argue "Sudden and extraordinary" given the nature of the event.

I will be glad to give you a free consultation if you call 1.877.505.INJURY.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms