Legal Question in Criminal Law in Colorado

Can the police come back at a later date to issue a noise complaint ticket?

If there was a party at a house that was broken up due to noise, and none of the residents made contact with the police, can the police come back at a later date to issue a ticket? If they can, is there a way to avoid being issued a citation?

Asked on 10/14/13, 4:36 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Damon Cassens Carpenter and Cassens, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, they can come back and issue a citation over an earlier complaint.

You can't really avoid it, but they must personally serve it upon you.

Read more
10/14/13, 7:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8817 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
David SlaterDavid P. Slater, Esq.Boca Raton, FL
Phillip D. Wheeler, Esq.Phillip D. Wheeler, Attorney At LawMorro Bay, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now