Colorado  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/08/00, 7:05 pm

What to do after being wrongly accused and legally cleared

6 months ago my husband was accused of sexually molesting a little girl that had been in my day care 2 yrs prior. Both my husband and I,as well as our 3 children and the children who had been in my care were questioned by the police. Our home was visited by the head investigator and none of the accusations could ever be substantiated. My husband took and passed a polygraph test. As far as the police are concerned my husband is completly out of the picture. However, it has recently come to our attention that the mother of this child is "pursuing this at a higher level". This was told to a close friend of ours by a third party who personally spoke to the mother. Does she have a right to pursue my husband on a legal level. I know polygraph's are not immiscible in court. This has the ability of ruining not only my husbands life but also our children's lives. They go to school with all of the children who were in my daycare with the exception of the little girl who is actually doing the accusing. These children's parents have formed their own witch hunt against us and are trying to run us out of not only the school but also our neighborhood. Should we be contacting an attorney? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give us.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search