Legal Question in DUI Law in Colorado

My niece got her first and only dui in Colorado in 2007. I completed my community service and paid my fees. My sentence stated that I use an interlock device until 2014. They only accept Colorado interlock devices. I now live in California. It's been 6 years and I still can't get my license. There is a hold in Colorado. Can you please advise me on how to get my license in California after all of this time? Please advise...

Asked on 9/24/13, 10:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Clifton Black Black & Graham, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You will need to reinstate your driving privileges in Colorado so that Colorado will lift the hold. Start out by getting on the phone when you have plenty of time to be on hold. Most likely you will need to pay a reinstatement fee, SR 22 insurance, show proof of level 2 alcohol classes, and the interlock device. However, I believe you can provide an out of state affidavit that may not require you to get the interlock or SR 22.

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 3:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Colorado

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now