Legal Question in Business Law in Connecticut

hello again. I need some additional input concerning how best to proceed. hopefully you have our previous conversations available for reference. I am acting pro se for my case and do not have some needed experience in court procedures.

Defendant has chosen not to respond to or complete the court ordered ADR. Therefore I am filing a motion for sanctions. Under the sanctions, I am asking the court to render a judgment by default against the disobedient party, which I believe is allowed under SCRCP Rule 37(b)(2)(c). SC ADR Rule 10(b) says any sanctions under that rule can apply.


1- Do you think that asking for a default judgement is correct, or whether the court might concur?

2- If so, do I need to attach settlement details to the motion for sanctions which identify the amounts I am seeking and the amount of legal costs I encured? The summons and complaint doc identify those issues but did not give the details for arriving at a figure. I am wondering if the court needs any numbers or calculations before rendering a default judgement, or if I just provide those later? In other words how and when do I present the actual settlement numbers?


Asked on 4/16/13, 5:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Lasko Law Offices Of Wm Lasko
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

At this point in the process, it would be in your best interests to seek a paid legal consultation with an attorney whereby the facts of your situation could be fully vetted and you could get a fuller understanding of what your legal options might be.

Best of Luck!

William J. Lasko

Attorney at Law

tel# 203 329-6602

Read more
Answered on 4/16/13, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now