Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My divorce decree states that my ex wife is to pay me 63k when my youngest daughter turns 19 which was last week. her house has enough equity in it to pay me off. but she is avoiding me and i'm not sure what legal steps to take. can you give me any suggestions.

John Serrano Serrano & Serrano, LLC - Connecticut Accident, Social Security & Divorce Lawyers

You can file a motion for contempt in divorce court. You also may be able to foreclose (or threaten to foreclose) against the house if your ex-wife gave you back a mortgage to secure the payment (which would have been the standard procedure). Feel free to call (800.856.6400) and speak with me for additional information, or you may schedule a initial consultation at no charge.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut