Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

If a divorced couple receives a check made out to both of them, one party forges the others name and cashes said check, what recourse is there.

Asked on 9/17/13, 4:57 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Assuming the check was not specifically addressed in the divorce decree, it isn't something the family court is going to get involved in. In which case, you're looking at a pure forgery/larceny case. Go to the police, but my guess is you're not going to get much interest from them.

Read more
Answered on 9/18/13, 6:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now