Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

my father recently passed away in Saudi Arabia, we have a property in florida that is under both of our names. My father did not leave a will. i would like my widowed mother to inherit his portion of the property, how do i go about doing that?

Asked on 8/02/09, 10:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Peter Gonzalez Sanchez-Medina, Gonzalez, Quesada, Lage, Crespo, Gomez & MachadoLLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your question raises additional questions including "how was the property titled?" Depending on how it was titled, you may not need to take any action to have 100% ownership and control over the property, which would permit you to convey it to your mother. I would have to review the deed and discuss the facts and ossible issues with you to provide you with meaningful guidance on this matter. My office number is 305-424-0236. Please call me at your convenience.

Read more
Answered on 8/02/09, 11:09 pm
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the property was titled jointly, with right of survivorship, you are the owner and can deed it out. If not, you will need to probate the decedent's estate.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 8:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now