Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Florida

I am in desperate need to take a 401k withdraw to avoid filing bankruptcy. I have about 20k in debt, I have met with 2 bankruptcy attorneys and both told me to ride it out for a year so alot of my debts fall off. My income is too large for Chapter 7 and i dont want to be locked into a Chapter 13 for years. So, bankruptcy is not an option for me. My employer requires a hardship withdraw letter from an attorney or credit counseling agency to take a withdraw to avoid bankruptcy but i do not want to pay a retainer fee just for a letter. How can i obtain a letter from an attorney without retaining one?

Asked on 7/08/13, 8:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Andersen Charles Andersen, Atty
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

401K loans are the worst way to pay off debt, especially if you would prefer to file bankruptcy.

Read more
Answered on 7/08/13, 9:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now