Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

I have a lawn maintenance business and on September 1, 2011 was fired by association after 7 plus years working under the same agreement since 2004. The agreement ran May 1-April 30 of each year since it has been in effect. Only change was association gave me extra money three years ago, however, have been working under same agreement in which 29 cuts averaged over the year and the extra cuts were based on year agreement. Association president has been paying late for years and as of now still owns for July and August Maintenance as well as trimming of trees, and the extra cuts. I told him on 9/1/2011 that he said that there was no contract per his attorney and that he does not owe for the extra cuts and tuff shit. What also transpired was in April he called a meeting. When I went to meeting a board member from another association that I have different agreement with all of a sudden pulls up shows up to same meeting. Turns out that association president that fired me was talking to and to this day is still talking I believe to different association. Also turns out he told association that he was firing me and that they knew at there meeting August 31, 2011. Question is several people have told me that I should file police report on outstanding balance to get it on record. Also under Florida Sunshine Laws can I file complaint with state. Also should I send certified billings to all board members since association president pretty much acted on his own and still owes me 9,000.00. Another board member I know form association had no knowledge that I was being fired until I told him. Thank you, Alan

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Since you had no contract, they are not obligated to use you. You would be entitled to sue the HOA for the work already performed.

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida

Business Law Legal Forms