Legal Question in Business Law in Florida

If you owe a small business for services rendered, can they refuse a payment they deemed "too small"? Can you be sent to collections even if you are trying to pay off the debt? Is there a minimum payment amount you have to make?

Asked on 8/11/10, 6:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Odd question. If you try to pay what you owe, and they refuse payment cause it is too small, what is your course of action?

My suggestion is to send them the check by certified mail, return receipt requested. If they don't cash it, its their problem. Just have proof of the check and delivery.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/10, 7:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now