Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

When I moved to FL I could not find work for eight months, many of my accounts went into collection, but one was sent to lawyers before I could add it to a debt management plan. I also went through a divorce in the meantime and have not received child support for years. I am being sued for the full amount and can barely pay my bills. Can I file for bankruptsy after there is a judgement?

Asked on 3/23/13, 10:51 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Barry Kaufman The Law Office of Barry W. Kaufman
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may file for bankruptcy at any time. Consult a bankruptcy lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/13, 3:16 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Also see a consumer lawyer who handles credit card cases. With with rare exception, we never lose these cases and your fee is nominal since we get most of our fees from the credit card company when we win. see

Read more
Answered on 3/24/13, 8:21 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now