Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

I had a shared credit card and a loan with my friend and she stated she would pay any charges she accumulated. the loan is $1700.00 and the amount on the credit card is $8000.00 which is all from her. She does not pay on time and has failed to answer any attempts I have made to contact her. How can I go about legally retrieving this money she owes.

David Labovitz Labovitz Law Firm, P.A.

Hi and thanks for asking your question. Unfortunately, if your friend is not cooperating, your other alternative would most likely be to file suit against her to collect the money she charged on the credit card. You might consider sending her one final demand letter, explaining within that demand that she has a certain amount of time to pay off the debt (or make other satisfactory arrangements with you) or you will file suit against her. Perhaps once she hears you are threatening to sue she will come around and make payment. You can also hire a local attorney to send the demand. A letter from an attorney might shake her up even further.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms