Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/09/13, 6:48 am

My fiance got arrested in Okaloosa FL, and got charged with domestic violence. Him and his brother got into a fist fight and he was arrested. There were no weapons involved in the case. He went to court and they gave him a bond of 2500.00 but the problem is he cant bail out b/c he is from AL. So the question is what is the best next step? If he has to stay in there what type of time is he looking at? And also he said something about his brother being able to go to the court house and bringing a notorized letter stating that he doesnt want to file charges and they will let him go, does that sound like something that happens in the courts?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search