Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

I have a friend with a 4 month old baby living in Broward County Florida. She was housing a man who has arrest warrants out for him from the state of Kentucky. She did not know of his criminal past. If the police from the issuing city of his crime were to try and extradite him by calling the police in his location, would my friend get into any trouble from the fact that he would be arrested in her house without her prior knowledge of his criminal history?

Again the question is; would my friend be in any legal trouble for herself or the care of her child if the police arrested a criminal in her home in Broward County FL?

Asked on 7/16/13, 7:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If she can show that she had no idea about the warrants, then your friend should be Ok. I'd advise that she speak to an attorney in her area however.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/13, 10:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now