Legal Question in Criminal Law in Florida

My husband has felony warrants for forgery,uttering and grand larceny in Virginia and now lives in Florida. What is the likelihood of the police coming to pick him up here ? As his wife and knowing this what kind of trouble can i get into? Should i turn him in ?

Asked on 9/12/13, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It is hard to gauge the likelihood of Virginia extraditing him from Florida, but with most states budget constraints have made extradition less common. however if he is stopped in Florida he is probably going to be detained while Virginia decides what to do with him. Sometimes these detentions can be lengthy. As to your second question, you should not do anything to actively obstruct a police officer (like hiding him if they come looking), but you are not obligated to call and report him.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 8:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now