Florida  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/05/11, 12:41 pm

Can the state attorney remove a minor without notifing the minor's attorney or parents and have them charged as an adult and moved to an adult facility from a juvenile facility? this is in Hillsborough county, tampa florida...This is a first time offense for the minor. He has already served 21days in the juvenile facility. we had a scheduled arraignment for the minor 11/14-

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/06/11, 3:54 pm by Craig Epifanio

The state attorney ALONE has the discretion to charge any juvenile as an adult. So the answer to your question is yes. Sometimes your attorney can talk to the state about amending it back to a juvenile charge. If you have not hired an attorney yet, or if you have not contacted the public defender, do one of those immediately.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Craig Epifanio, P.A. 5445 16th Street N St Petersburg, FL 33703

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search