Legal Question in DUI Law in Florida

Serving alcohol at wedding reception

I am planning on having a wedding reception at a country club that requires me to use their liquor and bartending services. Can I be held responsible if one of my guest were to drink and drive and get into a car accident? Can the country club waive their liability?

Asked on 3/24/07, 12:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

florence hessen florence f. hessen,esq
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Serving alcohol at wedding reception


Since you are required to use the country clubs liquor and bartending services, I do not think they can waive their liability. However, it is a good practice, that all members to the party be on the alert for anyone who has had too much to drink.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 4/06/07, 3:39 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now