Florida  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/19/07, 2:56 pm

Adopt my childrenback

I let my boys be adopted 5 years ago by my sister and brother in law. Now I find out that he molested his daughters not the boys but I am worried about them . I thought they were get parents. Now I find out about my brother in law molelestin his daughters. (dcf is involed) Is there a way we can get our boys back ?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/19/07, 10:37 pm by Scott R. Jay

Re: Adopt my childrenback

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

Once an adoption order is entered, it is usually final. It is possible in your situation, however, that DCF will take the children away from the family and allow you to raise them again. You should speak with them and see if they can provide some guidance. If not, then you should speak with an attorney to discuss your situation and see if you have any legal rights given the circumstances.

Scott R. Jay, Esq.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Scott R. Jay 1575 Northeast 205th Street Miami, FL 33179-2133

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search